Please note that TNR Doors supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. TNR Doors is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the HR representative of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.
Procurement & Logistics Manager
TNR Industrial Doors is excited to be recruiting for a Procurement & Logistics Manager. In this role, you will hold overall responsibility and accountability for providing leadership and direction to the purchasing team including all activities in connection with the procurement of raw materials, supplies, components and services. You will manage/execute all procurement related functions and manage contracts. If you are looking for a challenge and if you’re someone who truly wants to contribute to the organization’s overall success, then this might be the perfect role for you. Please read on!
- Strong computer skills (MS Office advanced, ERP, SAP preferred)
- Strong knowledge of blueprint reading and drawings
- Strong leadership qualities with an ability to influence, mobilize and gain personal commitment and achieve results
- Good relationship building skills, both for internal and external contacts
- Possess integrity and ethical behaviour, persuasive, empathetic, able to handle pressure, creative and have a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Possess analytical and influencing behaviours
- Able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Able to monitor changes to the business environment in order to plan and prepare for potential impact as well as identify supply chain related optimization opportunities.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or American production and inventory Control Society (APICS) certification;
- Member of Supply Chain Management Association of Ontario (SCMAO)
- Minimum 5 years in a purchasing role, within a global manufacturing environment
- Experience in negotiating preferred rates
- Experience in a supervisory role
In this role you will:
- Continually monitor and analyze production’s requirements and compare with on-hand inventories. Manage/coordinate the sales and operations planning process including supply/demand forecasting, inventory management and on-time delivery;
- Select and monitor/evaluate new and existing suppliers;
- Manage risk within the supply chain including developing and fostering strong supplier relationships and resolving non-conformance and corrective actions;
- In conjunction with Engineering, participate in contract review and define parts/materials purchase specification requirements
- Participate in APQP projects and manage all required deliverables;
- Maintain constant cost reduction strategies for all parts, materials, and services;
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring and performance management of the supply chain staff members;
- Manage global procurement including all international freight and logistics;
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning and other optimizations in order to grow the business;
- Support the development of supply chain-based training materials or technical materials;
- Manage contractor and subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications and serving as a liaison with the organization; and
- Be a significant participant in the company’s strategic planning and continuous improvement team activities.
Other Details …
Salary – to commensurate with experience
Benefits – active after probationary period
Other perks – available as requirements are met
How To Apply:
If this role piques your curiosity and if you believe you have the necessary skills, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role to .
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team but advise that only those deemed suitable will be contacted. TNR Doors is committed to accommodating candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
We are a growing company and always on the lookout for dynamic people to join our team. If there isn’t a current opening that captures your interest but you want to join the TNR team, please send us your resume and tell us the job title that interests you. Your resume will be kept for 6 months and if an opportunity becomes available that matches your skillset, we may contact you. If there are no current opportunities, we will still accept General Applications.
If you are submitting a general application, you will be contacted at the time an appropriate opportunity becomes available. Please note that while we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.