Please note that TNR Doors supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. TNR Doors is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the HR representative of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.
We are currently recruiting for a Product Specialist. This exciting new role will act as primary point of contact for all product-related technical and/or application questions to internal and external parties who require a higher level of technical assistance. Possessing a strong understanding of our products (and those of our competitors), the Product Specialist would also be the primary technical sales trainer for our doors manufactured here in Barrie, Ontario. You will work closely with various internal and external parties to promote and enhance the unique features of our products. You will also be the voice of the customer in relation to new product development.
- Offer options and alternates for various applications to provide most robust solutions to end users.
- Assess custom requests to ascertain viability of request and/or provide available standard options.
- Provide technical sales training & assistance on all TNR products for both internal and external parties, including training in-house, at dealer or end-user locations.
- Create/update content and present training on existing products to internal staff as required.
- Provide in the field assistance and support to all sales personnel worldwide.
- Provide assistance in reviewing or writing specifications for TNR doors.
- Gather and provide technical knowledge in regards to competitive products.
- Support the New Product Development process and attend all critical design review meetings to ensure proposed new products meet our installation and maintenance requirements, and keep the needs of the end user high on the priorities list.
- Provide final review for any technical documents created for a new product launch.
- Support our international growth by promoting the TNR offering through internal sales and sales support worldwide to close and follow-up new international leads and quote opportunities.
- Support our global sales as the TNR expert representative.
- May present to international end users.
- As needed, review and assist with technical details on new orders to ensure customer satisfaction with final delivered product.
Education / Experience …
- Post secondary degree/diploma in electrical or mechanical technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical role within the high performance door industry – either in technical sales or field service role
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities …
- Intimate knowledge of TNR’s various door models and their numerous applications
- Well honed customer support orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Motivation to always deliver a quality product to both internal and external customers
- Excellent computer (Microsoft Office) and software application skills
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail driven, yet always seeking opportunities for improvement
- Proven well developed presentation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with internal and external customers and be decisive when required
- Excellent people skills and capable of exhibiting tact and strong diplomatic skills when dealing with all internal and external customers
- Must be willing to travel with little notice and to remove locations – minimum 25% of work schedule
Other Details …
Salary – to commensurate with experience
Benefits – active after probationary period
Other perks – available as requirements are met
How to Apply …
If this role piques your curiosity and if you believe you have the necessary skills, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role to .
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the TNR team but advise that only those deemed suitable will be contacted. TNR Industrial Doors is committed to accommodating candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage.
We are a growing company and always on the lookout for dynamic people to join our team. If there isn’t a current opening that captures your interest but you want to join the TNR team, please send us your resume and tell us the job title that interests you. Your resume will be kept for 6 months and if an opportunity becomes available that matches your skillset, we may contact you. If there are no current opportunities, we will still accept General Applications.
If you are submitting a general application, you will be contacted at the time an appropriate opportunity becomes available. Please note that while we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.