Please note that TNR Doors supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. TNR Doors is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the HR representative of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.
Control Panel Tester
We require a detail-oriented Control Panel Tester who can work in a fast-paced changing environment and has high attention to detail. If you’re willing to learn, are organized, team-oriented, disciplined, and have a positive attitude, TNR Industrial Doors is looking for you! If you’re an Electrical Engineering Technician or a recent graduate with an electrical or electronic diploma, this might be of interest to you.
In this role, you will prepare, fit and adjust control panel units to meet operating requirements of products, using hand and simple power tools. You will also execute point-to-point wiring checks, and read and understand schematics. You may assist engineering with product development by testing and monitoring new electrical products and you may be required to carry out preparation work for customized products and/or perform electrical equipment testing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and understand drawings, wiring schematics, and work orders and review Bill of Materials (BOMs) for wiring/layout control panels and any other components.
- Lay out, wire and assemble panel to finish, installing all necessary options as detailed, using hand and power tools.
- Terminate wires followed by point-to-point testing.
- Conduct final test procedures on finished product and document results.
- Adhere to current electrical legislation.
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report concerns.
- Inform Unit Leader/Team Leader of all stock shortages, quality and downtime issues.
- Identify and document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Perform documented quality assurance inspections.
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- Work with engineering in the preparaion of estimates, schedules, budget specifications and reports.
- Follow through Design Verification process and collect data as described by the engineering team. This may require analysis of data collection and recognizing trends.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks and troubleshoot equipement electrical issues.
- Follow company policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Formal electrical training (i.e. Electrical Engineering Technician diploma)
- Prior experience in a production environment (fast paced manufacturing environment preferred)
- Panel fabrication experience in a similar industry preferred
- Manufacturing maintenance experience would be an asset
Hours of work – 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 4:00 pm)
Salary – to commensurate with experience
Benefits – active after probationary period
Other perks – available as requirements are met
HOW TO APPLY
If this role piques your curiosity and if you have the necessary skills, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume to and include a cover letter to explain why you’re interested in this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team but advise that only those deemed suitable will be contacted. TNR Doors is committed to accommodating candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Please note that we continue to follow ALL COVID PROTOCOLS to ensure a safe work environment for all team members.
We are a growing company looking to add a few team members (Craftspeople) to our production team. These positions will be responsible for the production and assembly of our product offerings while using the assigned equipment/machinery. We are looking to add strong contributors to an already very strong production team. We provide a safe work environment where safety, quality and teamwork are paramount to your and our success. As a TNR team member, you should also demonstrate a positive attitude with a high work ethic.
General Requirements …
Solid understanding of English language to follow oral and written instructions;
Minimum high school diploma;
Minimum one year experience in a production environment (preferably manufacturing);
Some experience with forklifts;
Ability to read blueprint, drawings or layouts;
Strong abilities to work with measuring tools and able to use various power tools;
Possess a keen eye with strong attention to detail;
Able to do basic math calculations; and
Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
In addition to the above ‘general requirements’, candidates must be physically fit as much of the work is done on their hands and knees.
In addition to the above ‘general requirements’, candidates must have experience working with such power tools as nail gun and table saw.
In addition to the above ‘general requirements’, candidates must have experience working with power tools such as drill press, mig welder, steel saws, etc. and must have good eye/hand coordination. Experience using an overhead crane would be an asset as would steel fabrication experience.
Snapshot of duties and responsibilities (not all inclusive) …
- follow work instructions and established procedures;
- assist with building our custom-made doors;
- complete tear downs and repairs as required;
- assist with equipment changes and machine adjustments as required;
- conduct visual quality assurance inspections to identify defective parts;
- monitor, record and document data as required;
- perform all functions in a safe manner;
- establish and maintain open communication with Team Leaders, Supervisors and other support teams; and
- participate in training and cross training programs.
Other Details …
Salary – hourly rate
Benefits – active after probationary period (3 months)
Other perks – available as requirements are met
How To Apply …
If this role piques your curiosity and if you believe you have the necessary skills, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume and tell us why you’d be the perfect candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team but advise that only those deemed suitable will be contacted. TNR Industrial Doors is committed to accommodating candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a growing company and always on the lookout for dynamic people to join our team. If there isn’t a current opening that captures your interest but you want to join the TNR team, please send us your resume and tell us the job title that interests you. Your resume will be kept for 6 months and if an opportunity becomes available that matches your skillset, we may contact you. If there are no current opportunities, we will still accept General Applications.
If you are submitting a general application, you will be contacted at the time an appropriate opportunity becomes available. Please note that while we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.