Please note that TNR Doors supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. TNR Doors is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the HR representative of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.
Due to our continued growth, TNR Industrial Doors is excited to be recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of engineering assignments in relation to the development and implementation of production processing methods and controls designed to increase the overall efficiency of the plant. If you are looking for a challenging role, a role where you can bring change and improvement and if you want to work locally, we ask that you submit your resume in consideration of this exciting newly created role.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will …
- Provide hands-on mechanical maintenance on current and future equipment including coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Manage and lead projects from inception to completion. Work with engineering team to develop conceptual design, turn concepts into detailed design. Create fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, BOMs and equipment layouts.
- Perform time studies as needed, develop and implement SOPs for all work areas. Update and maintain existing and future SOPs.
- Work closely with the senior production team to design solutions to improve manufacturing processes, ergonomic design, and economic viability.
- Participate and manage in equipment design reviews, equipment buy-offs, and process reviews whilst keeping in mind how they affect production and our processes.
- Coordinate and work with other Engineers to ensure that all equipment meets all of the Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews (PSHSR) requirements.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, assist in organizing and executing training plant personnel such as new processes, JIGs, Preventative Maintenance, etc.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Execute Kaizen events, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain plant equipment standards.
- Participate as required in all ISO activities such as PFMEA, control plans and APQP.
- Follow and adhere to requirements of current customer quality and environmental management systems standards.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs: applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials: conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
About You …
- Degree or diploma in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum five (5) years using CAD software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Minimum three (3) years experience in manufacturing assembly and in processing equipment from inception to launch utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
- Proven capabilities in project management related to process improvement, process design, and machine design.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to keep the ‘big picture’ front of mind when considering each step of the manufacturing process
- Can work independently and achieve results
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledgeable in APQP & PFMEA documentation and processes
- Able to read mechanical drawings and knowledge of current machining methods
- Strong computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Other Details …
Salary – to commensurate with experience
Benefits – active after probationary period (3 months)
Other perks – onsite parking, employee assistance program, RSP match, flex hours, paid sick days, boot allowance, and many others – all available as requirements are met
How To Apply …
If you believe you have the necessary skills and if you want to be part of a growing team, we encourage you to submit your resume. Although we thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, we do advise that only those deemed suitable will be contacted.
TNR Industrial Doors is committed to accommodating candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Labourer / Craftsperson
Due to a growing demand for our products, we are looking to add a few team members to our production team. These positions will be responsible for the production and assembly of our product offerings while using the assigned equipment/machinery. As a TNR team member, you should also demonstrate a positive attitude with a high work ethic. We are looking to add strong contributors to an already very strong production team. We provide a safe work environment where safety, quality and teamwork are paramount to your and our success.
General Requirements …
Solid understanding of English language to follow oral and written instructions;
Minimum high school diploma;
Minimum one year experience in a production environment (preferably manufacturing);
Some experience with forklifts;
Ability to read blueprint, drawings or layouts;
Strong abilities to work with measuring tools;
Able to utilize various power tools;
Possess a keen eye with strong attention to detail;
Able to do basic math calculations; and
Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
In addition to the above ‘general requirements’, candidates must be physically fit as much of the work is done on their hands and knees.
In addition to the above ‘general requirements’, candidates must have experience working with such power tools as nail gun and table saw.
In addition to the above ‘general requirements’, candidates must have experience working with power tools such as drill press, mig welder, steel saws, etc. and must have good eye/hand coordination. Experience using an overhead crane would be an asset as would steel fabrication experience.
Snapshot of duties and responsibilities (not all inclusive) …
- follow work instructions as well as established procedures;
- assist with building our custom-made doors;
- complete tear downs and repairs as required;
- assist with equipment changes and machine adjustments as required;
- conduct visual qualify assurance inspections to identify defective parts;
- monitor, record and document data as required;
- perform all functions in a safe manner;
- establish and maintain open communication with Team Leaders, Supervisors and other support teams; and
- participate in training and cross training programs.
Other Details …
Salary – hourly rate
Benefits – active after probationary period
Other perks – available as requirements are met
How To Apply …
If this role piques your curiosity and if you believe you have the necessary skills, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume and tell us why you’d be the perfect candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team but advise that only those deemed suitable will be contacted. TNR Industrial Doors is committed to accommodating candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process
We are a growing company and always on the lookout for dynamic people to join our team. If there isn’t a current opening that captures your interest but you want to join the TNR team, please send us your resume and tell us the job title that interests you. Your resume will be kept for 6 months and if an opportunity becomes available that matches your skillset, we may contact you. If there are no current opportunities, we will still accept General Applications.
If you are submitting a general application, you will be contacted at the time an appropriate opportunity becomes available. Please note that while we thank all applicants, we will only respond to those we wish to interview.